Ganley Family Insurance in Brecksville, OH. Our customers and the residents of Ohio are very important to us here. Valuing insurance is an extension of how we value our community, our property, our homes, and our lifestyle. Located Just 20 minutes away from Cleveland, Ohio we are eager to serve all of your insurance needs today.
Two Ohioans And A Tree
Did you know that our fair state is credited with having the very first automobile accident? In 1891 two Ohioans in Ohio City ran into a tree. By the same token, Ohio is credited with writing the first auto insurance policy. A wrong rated. In 1897 the first auto insurance policy was written in Dayton, Ohio. Here at Ganley Family insurance, we continue to make good on Ohio’s word. We’ve been trying to make up for it by offering awesome insurance.
One Half Of A Year Makes A Real Difference
While we are not certain of the age of those drivers, we hope that they fared well and were adults. Though each state is different in their minimum age requirements for eligibility for driving learners permit, (temporary instruction permit) we especially like the fact that Ohio residents must be 15 1/2 years of age before they are issued a learners permit. Six months makes a huge difference in maturity and driving responsibility. If all of the requirements are met drivers are able to receive a provisional license at the age of 16.
If you are ever in Brecksville OH, look us up. We’d be more than happy to show you a professional, yet family oriented atmosphere while we deliver conscientiously ethical service to you and your family.
The independent agents in Brecksville, OH at Ganley Family Insurance know that safety is a priority when you decide to take your family on a road trip. There are things you should know in order to keep you safe before and after you set out on the road.
Get Your Vehicle Serviced
Have your vehicle checked by a mechanic before you start your trip. The oil should be changed and all of the fluids topped off. The mechanic should check the air conditioning system, the battery, and rotate the tires.
Emergency Car Kit
Not everyone believes that they’ll need it, but an emergency car kit could save your life. In it, you should consider keeping purified drinking water, a flashlight, a first-aid kit, flares, jumper cables, a shovel, toilet paper, pet food, and baby supplies.
Avoid Distracted Driving
One of the dangers on the road starts with distracted driving. You can easily keep your family safe by following a few simple rules when you begin your trip.
- Put the cell phone away. If you must use it, have one of your passengers access the GPS, send text messages, or answer calls.
- Give the kids headphones to listen and watch movies or games. They’ll be quiet while you keep your eyes on the road.
- If you become drowsy, allow one of the adult passengers to take over. If there is no one else with a driver’s license, then pull over and get some rest.
- Don’t eat or drink while you are behind the wheel. If you spill something, you could get into an accident with this distraction.
Whether you live in Brecksville, OH or just visiting, stop by Ganley Family Insurance. Their independent insurance agents can help you start a new auto insurance policy or review your current one.
It is easy to find ways to prepare your car for the winter but not as many people talk about the things that you should do to your car before summer. If you want your car to be in the best condition this summer so you can enjoy every weekend and break, be sure to use these tips from Ganley Family Insurance, serving Brecksville, OH.
- Check your coolant. It can get hot in the summer and if you want to make sure you have enough coolant to keep up with the heat. As a rule of thumb, you should get your coolant changed at least once per year and right before summer is the perfect time to do it.
- Change your windshield wipers. Items on your vehicle that are made of rubber are typically designed for specific temperatures. You will want to get some that are ideal for summer for optimal effectiveness.
- Check your tires. You should do a visual inspection of your tires and get some new ones if they are getting old or worn down. Also, if you changed to winter tires for the colder weather, you will want to change back to some summer tires now so they are ready for the heat.
- Get other systems inspected. You should have all of your fluids and systems inspected by a professional to make sure you do not need to be topped off or need a repair. You can get this done at any shop or during an oil change.
Another thing you should always ensure is in place is a great auto policy. If you already have one, Ganley Family Insurance, serving Brecksville, OH, can take a look to make sure there are no gaps in coverage and that you have the right amount of coverage. If not, then they can run some quotes for you. Contact them today.
You don’t always need to go to the auto garage in order to perform some basic auto care. It is possible to save a considerable amount of money while extending the life of your vehicle by performing these basic auto care tips. At Ganley Family Insurance, we want to make sure your Brecksville, OH vehicle is safe, wherever you drive it.
Washing your vehicle is important. During the summer you can wash it at your home. During the winter it is best to go to a drive-through car wash. Make sure the undercarriage is washed in order to remove the rust causing salt from the underbelly of the vehicle.
Check Air Pressure
The tire pressure is listed on the sides of the tires. Check your tire pressure (if you don’t have a built-in tire gage in the vehicle). Make sure your tires are always properly inflated as this will improve your fuel economy and maximize grip on the roads.
Check Your Fluids
You don’t need to change your own oil, but you can check your own fluids. Periodically look under the hood and check the fluid levels. If anything is extremely low make sure to top it off (check the owner’s manual for liquid specifics). This helps keep your brake lines, power steering and engine running smoothly throughout the year.
No matter the make or model of your vehicle, performing these tips will save you money and extend the life of your vehicle. Before performing any kind of work on your vehicle though, make sure to consult the owner’s manual to ensure you’re using the appropriate equipment. At Ganley Family Insurance, we are here for your car, whether you live in Brecksville, OH or anywhere else in the area.